Solin tourist board, Hotel President Solin and city of Solin, at its 4th International Congress of historical cities, which will be held from 20 – 23 March 2018 at the Hotel President Solin, will be awarding the best applicants with international cultural tourism award „Plautilla“.
The award will be given for quality and innovation in the management of historic cities, in the field of interpretation and protection of cultural heritage and the promotion and distribution of tourism products
The categories in which prizes are awarded:
1) BEST cultural tourism product
The award is given to those tourist associations / institutions / companies / crafts etc. with the best tourist product which is characterized by high quality and creative interpretation of cultural and historical heritage.
2) HISTORICAL TOWN / SITE / FOUNDATION
The award is given to those cities / localities / institutions that have made significant effort in protection and preservation of cultural and historical heritage.
3) THE BEST CULTURAL TOURISM ITINERARY
The award is given for itineraries with a high quality in interpretation and presentation of cultural and historical heritage of the city or region, and may relate to day trips, or seven-day city break programs.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
Terms of participation in the tender for the allocation of international cultural tourism awards “Plautilla” are as follows:
- The City of Solin, Solin Tourist Board and President hotel can not apply for the award.
- Applications are accepted as of 03/03/2018. through the application form on the grounds of the project which should not exceed 800 words.
3 Competitors can apply for more than one category.
- If needed, the commission will visit individual candidates to determine the situation on the ground.
- Those applicants awarded in any of above mentioned categories, agree to have their information listed in public (project description and applicant general info)
- Specialist jury makes the final decision on the winner.
- Decisions of the jury on the winner in final and not a subject to appeal.
The expert jury for the awards:
Joško Stella, Director of the Tourist Board of Split-Dalmatia County
Željko Trezner, struč.spec.oec., Senior Lecturer, vice dean ASPIRA High School
Sanjin Mihelić, The director, the Archaeological Museum in Zagreb